The Jalopy Journal. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy. Log in or Sign up. Atomic Industries www. Register now to get rid of these ads! The H. Hi, I've searched everywhere an answer to my questions, but you are my last hope! First of all, I live in France it may be important I've got a T5 gearbox out of a Camaroit's a world class, and a "non-chevy" bolt pattern, but it's not as available here as in the U.

But, as you may know, the french flat is the same casting as the early 24 studs Ford, and I've found nowhere an adapter to use the one with the other So I thought that I could use the internals from my gearbox world classin an other case, that would be Chevy bolt pattern.

So here is my question finally! Or if it's not possible, where could I find an adapter to use with this particular bolt pattern and an early flat? Thanks a lot for your answers. FlatmikJul 16, I don't know much about late models, but how is it a non chevy bolt pattern if it came out of a camaro? KrisKustomPaintJul 16, SnarlJul 16, Mr48chevJul 16, They're Ford pattern. I've got two of them laying on my shop floor as I type this. So, finding a case of this type should not be a particularly diffiuclt problem in the US, that is.

However, if an adapter is available as described that should solve the problem anyway. HnstrayJul 16, Rob jackson likes this. Writing "non chevy bolt pattern", I meant not the "traditionnal" chevy bolt pattern, that's it. I thought it was a Ford bolt pattern, but looks like a late Ford. So, the adapter Mac's speed in NZ sells is not suitable for this usage.

It's not a toploader ford bolt pattern Zman, the french flathead is a casting similar to the 59A, not like the 8BA, it has a partial bellhousing casted. So the Wilcap adapter will not work. Snarl, that's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure Thanks all! I tried to cut a paste it here but I lack computer skills to get the job done. Do a search for flaternie or flat ernie and click on "T-5 tech" in red. RockyJul 16, It's ok for the trans, but not for the engine. Mine is a French flathead, wich is cast like an early Ford 59A.

THAT is the very big problem Flat ErnieJul 17, T5 Input 23T 9. We are a leading 5-speed parts online dealer, and this category highlights our comprehensive inventory of Ford T5 transmission parts, including gears, gear kits, bearings, bearing kits, seals, sliders and more. If you're looking for a Mustang T5 input shaft, a main shaft, a bell housing, synchro parts, gear clusters, a T5 diaphragm, forks or a wide variety of other miscellaneous parts, you'll find our parts inventory wide-ranging and our prices something to smile about.

Simply click the item you're interested in. Photos and details will be laid out in front of you. Shop Our Categories. Ford Mustang 2.

t5 non world class transmission parts

T5 Cluster GearTT. T5 Cluster GearTR. T5 Cluster GearTB. T5 Mustang 1st Gear. T5 Mustang 2nd Gear. T5 Mustang 3rd Gear. T5 Mustang 5th Gear.

T5 box world class vs non world class

T5 Mustang Bearing Kits. T5 Mustang Bearings. T5 Mustang Clusters. T5 Mustang Forks. T5 Mustang Gear Kits. T5 Mustang Input Shafts. T5 Mustang Main Shafts. T5 Mustang Misc Parts. T5 Mustang Retainers.One of the most popular drivetrain mods done to early Mustangs is to swap out the non-overdriven three- and four-speed transmissions with the later-model overdrive T-5 five-speed.

Not only does the T-5 provide a highway-friendly overdrive, but it also provides a deep First gear ratio for better off-the-line performance. Originally designed and manufactured by Borg-Warner and first offered in the Mustang inthe venerable T-5 has been a Pony Car mainstay for longer than a lot of us have been licensed drivers. The fully synchronized T-5 transmission is a countershaft-style helical gear unit. Because these gentlemen have been working with the T-5 for decades, they understand its design and nature better than anyone in the industry, and are willing to share that knowledge with all of us.

Chevy was the first to use the T-5 as a factory-installed transmission in sport utilities and trucks. American Motors was yet another automaker to employ the T-5 early in the going. Mid-yearFord introduced five-speed shifting in the Mustang for improved fuel economy and snappy performance. It really was a remarkable development for Mustang buyers. Ditto for Chevrolet with the Camaro and Pontiac with Firebird. Other automakers quickly caught on to what the T-5 did for fuel economy and performance, which means you can expect to find many variations of the T-5 box in your search.

There are more than variations of the T-5 out there. Our goal is to help you find the right one for your Mustang. When Ford went to a more powerful 5. More by coincidence the T-5 World Class was an improved design engineered to take greater amounts of power and deliver improved shift quality. Couture adds that World Class T-5 improvements included revised synchronizers and bearings, which makes the World Class easy to identify.

If you examine the front of the World Class main case, you will see the difference in countershaft bearings. The World Class has a Timken tapered race bearing cup, easily seen from the front of the main case.

Most were geared down to allow a small displacement engine to rev easily through the gears. To do this the First gear ratios were in the range of 3. All the main shaft gears, First through Third, ride on a solid output shaft with deep oil grooves to provide good lubrication. All the synchronizer rings are made of solid bronze, which are of different size than those found in a World Class T-5 because there is no bearing under each gear and the bronze synchronizer rings that the non-World Class T-5 use the heavier Dextron II fluid.

The lighter Dextron III weight can be used but may adversely effect shifting and wear. Torque rating for the 2.View Cart Checkout.

Our transmission rebuild kits are of the highest quality and meet all standards set by professional installers. Once we receive your transmission we will open up the case and perform an inspection to evaluate what needs to be repaired. We will then contact you to discuss our findings and possibly make suggestions to get your OK before we proceed. A basic rebuild needing NO extra parts is priced below.

We can arrange for a call tag to be emailed to you for your convenience and provide advice on how to package it for safe travel. Turnaround time is about weeks depending on our workload. As a Tremec Elite dealer, we stock a complete line of Tremec and aftermarket T-5 service parts.

#115 1982-95 Chevy T5 NWC Tremec transmission rebuild Borg Warner non-world-class T-5 5 speed S10

You can identify the T5 Transmission by the cast number and the non-world class transmissions have all brass synchro rings. This kit includes all bearings, synchro rings, seals, gaskets, snap rings, thrust washers, needle bearings.

Skip to content. Facebook page opens in new window Instagram page opens in new window. How long does this take? Related posts. Rebuild Services for T56 Magnum October 7, Having problems diagnosing difficulties with your T5 World Class 5 Speed manual transmission, we are able to help. Available as well are shift components, bearing retainer and miscellaneous parts. Use our Online shopping cart, just double click the part number and see much more information, you can add to cart,r proceed to check out.

Or continue to shop. If you want more information or cannot find the parts you need give us a call toll freeif you desire to save cash, esquire about our good take out parts GTOthey are inspected and guaranteed. See the complete line of products that we offer at www. To speak to a Drive Train Expert or to place an order call toll free !

Our factory rebuilt re-manufactured transmissions are dyno tested prior to leaving the factory, ensuring the best quality. We provide a no hassle 12 month warranty, performance guaranteed. The T5 World Class is a American engineering design, this transmission is all aluminum top loaded with internal single rail shift linkage.

This transmission the T5 World Class has tapered bearings supporting the clutster gear. Larger front input shaft bearings were utilized by Ford in Cougars and Thunderbird and also the 87—93 Mustang with 2.

A taper input pilot bearing is used on the Ford Cobra rather than the loose rollers commonly found in this transmission. Supplying this casting information when ordering a replacement transmission or transmission parts is critical. The T5 World Class was adopted by beginning in Select this link to see what models that used this 5 Speed transmission.

Below we provide a T5 World Class parts illustration to assist you with correct identification of the parts you need. Select the parts you require from the following list and give us a call. The common failure modes for the T5 non World Class transmissions are: damage caused by damaged seals causing loss of fluid leading to bearing failure typically cause by vibration from damaged driveshaft, worn out or damaged transmission or engine mounts.

The second most common problem found in the T5 non World Class 5 speed transmission is damage caused by incorrect speed shifting, this will destroy synchronizers, sliders and gears. We are seeing a lot of the T5 non World Class unit coming in to be rebuilt with significant bearing wear only caused by the age and mileage on this very popular transmission. If you need more information or cannot find the parts you need give us a call. If you would like to save money, ask about our good take out parts GTOthey are inspected and guaranteed.

Midwest Transmission can Cryogenic Treat any shaft or gear.

T5 5 Speed Parts illustration

Call for a quote. This is an example of a widget area that you can place text to describe a product or service. You can also use other WordPress widgets such as recent posts, recent comments, a tag cloud or more. About Contact Us Blog Cart 0.

Midwest Transmission Center, Inc. Toll Free Free Technical Support. Footer 4 Widget This is an example of a widget area that you can place text to describe a product or service.Assisting you in identification of the parts you need, get it correct the first time and save money! Transmission model T4 and T5 non world class and T5 world class 5 speed unit for Chevrolet and Ford are shown in the following illustration:.

Log In Username. Login Forgot Your Password? Forgot Your Username? New Customer? Create an Account. My Account Orders list Wishlist Checkout. Quality parts guaranteed! OE Replacements. AAM Chrysler: 9. AAM 9. Chrysler: Ford: 7.

Ford: 8. Ring and Pinion GM: 9. Performance Monitoring Gauges. Installation: Pressure Boost Gauge. Differential Covers. Transmission Pans. Posi-Lok Vac Shift Motor. Speedometer Solutions. Additives and Fluids. Auto Transmission parts. Hard Parts Automatic Transmission. Overhaul Kits Automotive and Trucks. Audi Automatic Transmission Overhaul Kit.See all 26 photos.

Originally designed and manufactured by BorgWarner and first offered in the early s, the venerable T-5 has been a mainstay for longer than a lot of us have been around. The fully synchronized T-5 five-speed transmission is a countershaft-style helical gear unit. In the late s, BorgWarner sold its manual transmission division to TREMEC, which is still building new T-5 transmissions to this day and are available from Modern Driveline along with all of the parts necessary to service them.

At the beginning of the model year, GM introduced the T-5 five-speed in the Camaro and Firebird to help improve fuel economy and add some snappy performance.

Other automakers quickly caught on to what the T-5 did for fuel economy and performance, which means you will find many variations of the T-5 box. There have been more than variations of the T-5 produced over its production life.

Bruce Couture of Modern Driveline tells Chevy High Performance the World Class name had little to do with strength and durability, but instead the T-5's introduction into the world market in the mids as a performance transmission.

The World Class T-5 was engineered to take greater amounts of power and deliver improved shift quality via revised synchronizers and bearings, which makes the World Class T-5 easy to identify. All the synchronizer rings are made of solid bronze, which are of different size than those found in a World Class T Needle bearings were installed with each gear ratio to reduce internal friction.

The lower counter gears saw tapered bearings to replace the bronze thrust washer," Bruce adds. Installing steel synchronizer rings with linings improved two things. These rings don't stretch and break and the added friction slowing the gear faster allowing for higher shift points. Where the World Class T-5 story becomes more involved is the aftermarket, which came in the early s.

Bruce tells us the aftermarket offers performance enthusiasts heavy-duty gearsets for the T-5, with some companies claiming lb-ft of torque capacity. What makes these gearsets different is the steel alloy and gear shape. Changing to a harder alloy will provide more strength; however, the problem is making sure the gear has some 'give' to it.

Too hard and gears break. Other ways of increasing torque levels is to take some of the helic out of the gear and make the gear thicker yet making it more cog like. While this will make the gear stronger, it also makes it much noisier. Many of these aftermarket gearsets are very expensive and require aftermarket main cases and mainshaft to get the specified torque ratings these companies claim. By the time the aftermarket gear and supporting parts are purchased, one should consider other options for the same money.

All Non World Class T-5 transmissions use weight gear oil. Bruce suggests a magnetic oil drain plug in your T-5 to capture metal fragments that come from use. This, coupled with regular lube changes, will yield a longer transmission life.

Close Ad. Jim Smart Editor.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter.